Date in History:
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, the oldest church in Palatka, was established on this date. Construction on the church was completed by 1854. One of the church’s earliest members was Florida’s first governor William D. Moseley. Prior to the Civil War, services were performed by visiting vicars and only during the winter months. During the war, Union troops occupied the church and extensive renovation was required in the late 1860s. The original structure remains intact, although it has been modified and expanded upon over the years.