The Florida Historical Society hosts TWO conferences each year.
THE FLORIDA HISTORICAL SOCIETY ANNUAL MEETING AND SYMPOSIUM is held every October on the University of Central Florida campus in Orlando.
The 2022 FHS Annual Meeting and Symposium will be held October 21-22 and will feature:
- Academic paper presentations and panel discussions from professional historians, graduate students, and others, selected through a juried Call for Papers process
- The annual FHS Membership/Business Meeting
- The Jerrell H. Shofner Lecture on Florida History and Culture
For more information: myfloridahistory.org/conference/annual
THE FLORIDA HISTORICAL SOCIETY PUBLIC HISTORY FORUM is held in a different location each May, from Pensacola to Key West, and many places in between.
The 2022 FHS Public History Forum will be held May 19-21, in Gainesville, Florida and will feature:
- Panel discussions and presentations from invited professional historians, scholars in related disciplines, historic preservationists, community historians and accomplished history enthusiasts, authors, educators, and students of all ages including Florida History Day participants
- Tours of local historic sites, museums, and archives
- The annual FHS Awards Luncheon
- A Banquet dinner featuring the Jillian Prescott Memorial Lecturer
For more information: myfloridahistory.org/conference/forum