Date in History:
1897 – April 21: Bartow gets its first electric street lights on this date! Shown: Main Street shortly after electric streetlights were put in use, looking west from Florida Avenue. Gent's Furnishing is located in the building in left foreground. Lytle and Lybass Livery Stables and C. Schultz are located in the building in center of photograph.